Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's departure time. The plane has stopped, I have gotten off swiftly as if I'd seen a ghost. Nothing seemed right. Everyone looked dead; very pale. Their voices--mono toned. "Why is everyone like this?" I had said to myself while biting off each and every one of my jagged, half-bitten nails.

A twitch had overcame my weak body. My body heat seemed very cool, and I felt moist. Was it the sweat? Oh the sweet sweat of my nervousness. Soon, I felt lost. I lost something on the plane, didn't I? DIDN'T I! Oh for crying out loud, SOMETHING WAS ON THAT PLANE! Where did it go? Where is it? Hold on, and let my conscious work its way through this one. Yes! My God, YES! I remember now. It was her. It wasn't a thing, it was a human being. But I'm still asking myself, "Where is she? What's her name? Why did I lose her?" These thoughts trembled me through the terminal, and on the way home...

Arriving at my home, a gust of wind blows me over to where I had stumbled slightly. I knew it, I knew my body had felt weak. But WHY?! "WHY GOD, WHY!?" I screamed. I sit down on my front step, where I encounter a note. The note had read, "Meet me on the corner of Hill St. in 20 minutes." I thought to myself, "Now this isn't an ordinary person. They must know me somehow. they must have known where I had just recently been; Wyoming. To know where I would be at exact time, exact place, this thing must have been some sort of secret. Wait a second now, maybe, oh lord just maybe, it's her! Could this be what I've been searching for? Only if, only..if.

Twenty minutes have past as I have been waiting by Hill St. for what it feels like days. My luck is slowly running out now as I look down the street and a black, tall, lanky silhouette figure started to approach Hill St. Now it's getting closer, and closer. For God sakes, it has no face! NO FACE AT ALL! Yet, with a soft tone in it's voice, it gently says "I'm everything you've lost. You miss every single memory, every thought, every hope, and every fucking dream. Take my hand, you will encounter success in gaining back what you've lost." Slowly I reach out my hand, and after I grabbed her hand, I tried taking it back. No. That was not an option. Her mouth opened widely and as if not feeling a thing, my body had disappeared into my past. There was no more future for me..

No comments:

Post a Comment